[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Building your new marketing platform in WordPress?” font_container=”tag:h1|font_size:40pxpx|text_align:left|color:%23808800|line_height:48px” use_theme_fonts=”yes” tw_enable=”yes”][vc_custom_heading text=”Here are the Top 10 Plugins to make your web-site more marketable.” font_container=”tag:h3|font_size:24px|text_align:left|color:%23666666|line_height:28px” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]WordPress is the world’s largest content management system, with over 65 million active web-sites, it is the darling of the Web. If you plan on building your own marketing platform using WordPress here are 10 plugins that are must-haves to make your web-site shine.
Top 10 WordPress Plugins
- LayerSlider – this is the first plug-in we normally choose when we build a web-site. Built by Kreatura Media, LayerSlider gives you the option to build a wide variety of sliders or welcome images spanning thumbnails to giant full-page displays. LayerSlider does not require a ton of expertise in coding but a little HTML/CSS never hurts. $29 at CodeCanyon and $19 a year for support.
- Shortcodes Ultimate – this selection of shortcodes gives you all the control in the world to take a flat blank space and fill it with images, colors, shapes and columns. Combinations of shortcodes can allow you to “pop-up” a page that has a form on it to collect a customer’s name and email. Shortcodes don’t require coding experience, but again a little HTML and CSS experience will go a long way. Check out W3 Schools or Code Academy for inexpensive or even FREE HTML/CSS coding lessons. Shortcodes Ultimate are free to start and the Pro version is just $29.
- Sucuri Security – if you are going to market on the web then you need to protect your assets so your customers can continue to enjoy your work. Sucuri Security provides a host of services from notifying you of any content changes, to any changes to files and folders on your server. It has a WordPress firewall and a Server Firewall to keep pests out and keep your hardwork safe. Security is not cheap, but this is a place you don’t want to go cheap on. Sucuri Security starts at $99 per year.
- WP Live Chat Support – is a great Live Chat tool that will make you think you have spent thousands of dollars when you spend about $39 and get WP Live Chat for multiple agents. The solution allows surveys, document transfers, full color styling, animated entrances and chat transcripts and more. You get a ton for a low price and excellent service to boot!
- Visual Composer – if you’re a newbie at building a site, Visual Composer may be your savior. VC allows you to structure your site using rows and columns that you create with the click of a button. You can control margins, padding, borders, colors and a host of widgets to insert anything from a text box to an image, a YouTube video, a slider or a Google map. VC gives you a ton of control on design and structure and is the most stable page builder in the market. VC costs just $3 to for a license and $19/year for support.
- Updraft Central – I learned early on in my career, “save early, save often” and that is what Updraft Central is all about. Whether you have one site or 2 dozen sites, Updraft Central will backup and store your content and databases so that you can get back in business fast if you ever have a failure. The best part is the plugin starts for FREE but you can extend it to backup your sites to DropBox, Google Drive, or even Amazon. Keep your business on it’s feet at all times and with 10,000,000 backups under management you cannot go wrong.
- WP Statistics – this is a great plugin that does a fantastic job of tracking visitors and events on your site. WP Statistics is FREE but it has add-ons that cost between $6 and $10 each to extend the reports and uses of the solution. You get excellent insight into visitors and sessions, browsers and content without writing a single piece of code. Keep track of your business application with WP Statistics
- Aksimet – okay, Akismet costs like $5/month per site and if you don’t have it, be prepared to be cleaning SPAM off your site for days. Simply put, Akismet all but stops spam from filtering onto your site. the SAAS product is amazing and does a great job and is one of the only plugins that come standard on a WordPress install. Take the hint, light it up, and keep your comments sections free of troll spew.
- Formidable Forms – for a marketing site, you have a lot of different forms you might fill out beyond contact information. Formidable forms can build your customer research forms in a snap and you have full control with the $49/year license. You can do a ton with the free license but the $49 license let’s your customer save a survey and return later if logged in and gives you the ability to capture private data like IP address and emails from cookies to ensure your surveys are not being ransacked on-line. Great interface, wonderful support and it fits your CSS to a tee.
- NextGen Gallery – if you are a photographer or someone with a lot of pictures to share with the world then NextGen Gallery is the right plugin for you. The flexibility of organizing media files including videos is amazing and you can literally transform your web-site into an on-line art gallery with just a few shortcodes. NextGen pro is $99 but definitely worth the extra dollars.
So those are the top 10 plugins we recommend to help you build your dream web-site and marketing platform. TBG marketing offers marketing automation that we can use to capture your site visitors and convert them to customers as well as design, development, branding and styling services for the web and mobile.
Here’s a “freebie plugin” Grab yourself ShortPixel – the one thing that can bloat your site and slow it down are images that are measured in MB’s. ShortPixel compresses digital images and it costs like $5/month to do 100 images and the compression rate can be as high as 97% and the images look virtually identical. Give it a shot or you will be using a CDN before you know it!
p.s. TBG Marketing is not compensated in any way from these plugin providers. Your use of the plugin is entirely your decisions and your responsibility. We hope you find them to be useful tools for you to make a fantastic web-site.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]